You know how I always say that you`re going to see me wearing skirts over pants a lot. Ladies I give you another skirt over pants look … from Romania with love. ? ( here is an older one)
Now let`s talk a little about the wrap skirt. I know there`s nothing new about this skirt type, cause it`s been around for a while, but it seems it`s not going anywhere. It just gets reinvented each season with new types of closures, fabrics and lengths and to be honest it`s just getting cooler and cooler. And even though the midi flared bottom skirt is trying to take its place I`m not sure this is really going to happen. Since the wrap skirt is more flattering, cool and sexy it surely deserves its popularity.
I had this heavy technical fabric that I bought a few months ago, and I was waiting for the perfect project to use it. That`s how I ended up doing this skirt. When I see a fabric I like, I just go ahead and buy some and then wait for it to speak to me. ( That`s how I ended up with 10 big boxes of fabric. Some fabrics don`t enjoy conversation. ?)
This season the wrap skirt comes in pretty heavy fabrics, hits below the knees and has metallic closures. The modern ways to wear it? Here are my suggestions:
• Wear it over a shirt dress with ankle boots. Add a coat over your shoulders and a beanie.
• Or try it over a fitted knit dress with high heel ankle boots and a heavy bomber jacket.
• Do you like to show a little skin? Wear it over a pair of pants with a plunge neckline top or unbuttoned shirt.
• Pair it with a chunky sweater and sneakers for an uber cool laid back look.
• Or team it with your boyfriend sweatshirt and otk boots to balance out the bagginess. (Yes… stealing your boyfriend clothes is perfectly fine. ?)
Now tell me what`s your favorite way to wear the wrap skirt. Leave me a comment below.
I`m wearing Zara jacket, self-designed pants and skirt, Mango shirt and Pull and Bear rings.
Photos by the uber-talented Cristina Ivascu. Check out her work here.
-Shop the look-