Did you thought that ruffles and frills were only for `Toddlers and Tiaras`? Well, this season they’re back, decorating collars, hemlines and forming all-over cascading tiers, providing us with fashion’s most romantic trend. But what do you do if you`re not a delicate flower? Now you might say: I stay away from them! But that`s not necessary. Fortunately there are so many ways to make a trend your own and bring an edge to it.
With the ruffles trend slipping into my subconscious mind I ended up picking this gorgeous ruffled top from Salient label, which is so perfect for summer. And because the sweet girl look is not right up my alley, I knew exactly how to give it a modern edge.
In order to bring edge to an outfit I always think masculine vs. feminine and hard vs. soft. So I `punked up` this top by teaming it with a studded biker vest, flatform sandals and a choker. All these pieces act as game- changers when teamed with a soft, feminine clothing item.
If you`re thinking about giving ruffles a modern twist here are other ideas:
- Wear ruffled pants with sliders to give them a sporty feel.
- Try a ruffled crisp shirt. It goes with anything and it`s has the perfect masculine| feminine mix already.
- Want to try ruffled sleeves? Pair them with cropped leather pants and sneakers.
- Dress down a ruffled top by wearing it with a pair of track pants and a simple pair of high heeled ankle strap sandals. Tracksuits are a also a major trend this season.
- Make a ruffled dress seem more casual by pairing it with a bomber jacket and a skinny choker.
Do you girls like ruffles? How would you wear the trend? Leave a comment below!
I have a soft spot for small brands that have a very strong point of view. So I teamed up with Salient label to offer you 15% off for every 50$ spent on their e-shop. Use code <SLZENO> at checkout. These are not affiliate links. I just want you to have the most fashion forward pieces without breaking the bank. ?
Photos by Cristina Ivascu. Check out her awesome work Here.
Don`t forget to share the love and follow me on Social Media and Bloglovin. I will keep you up to date with every little thing! I promise.