It`s the most wonderful time of the year…? I know, it`s supposed to be Christmas but for some of us it`s the sales period.? I mean what can be better than getting everything you want (well almost) at a fraction of the price? Nothing! My favorite brands to shop during this period are Zara, H&M and Mango for their accessibility, unmatched offers and broad range. I always shop online because it`s faster, easier and there`s a much wide offer (from designs to sizes) to choose from. I search their websites in every nook and cranny and I follow a few steps to make sure I don`t get caught in the sales fever:
- I get on the mailing lists. I`m not waiting to check my favorite sites and see if the sale has started because I could be missing out on the best deals. Instead I sign up to mailing lists to get notified instantly. Some brands even offer sale previews to those who have signed up.
- I always pay attention to fabric and the overall quality of the garment. Is it possible to find high quality garment at high street brands? Definitely.
- I make sure I don`t own anything similar. It`s so easy to get caught in the sales fever and totally forget you already own something very similar. Some are saying that it`s better to have in mind from the beginning what you need to buy to avoid impulse spending and whilst I can`t deny this is the most pragmatic way to approach shopping I have to ask myself: Ok, but then where`s the fun?
- I make sure the items are not fast fashion. I hate buying an item to wear it only for half of a season. Avoid trend driven items and invest in classic pieces from trends that are set to continue into next season. That`s also why I stay away from prints. Usually prints and colors are getting out of fashion more quickly.
- I am creating imaginary outfits mixing the piece I want to buy with other items I already own. I want to get major mileage out of this pieces so I make sure I can come up with at least 3 outfit options. Otherwise I will not buy it.
I am wearing Zara top and skirt | Musette shoe| H&M earrings.
The top and skirt were bought on sale. I also bought that skirt on black, a white cropped top with flared sleeves from Mango, a pair of huge silver earrings and this awesome pair of pants. I own a very similar pair from H&M that I wore almost every day and got a little damaged so I needed a replacement.